A Zipline Packaging Assistant is responsible for helping the team successfully operate sophisticated, aseptic packaging equipment, as well as assisting with daily cleaning and preparatory tasks. This position reports to the Packaging Manager.
- Help to ensure packaging facilities and equipment are safe, clean, and operational
- Operate all equipment consistent with Standard Operating Procedures and safety protocols
- Bottle, can, keg, and otherwise package beer daily, while meeting established quality standards
Important Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently while maintaining safety and quality standards
- A strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Ability to operate a powered forklift (training provided as needed)
- Ability to continuously stand, walk, lift, carry and handle 10 lbs; frequently bend, stoop, kneel, climb, reach, and push; and occasionally lift and carry 50 – 70 lbs throughout shift
- Willingness to work in variable temperatures and conditions in the brewery and warehouse and work with hot, cold, and potentially hazardous equipment and materials
- Maintain a flexible schedule that can accommodate variations in packaging schedules
- Ability to work with determination and precision in a repetitive work environment
- Must be 21 years of age or older
This is a full time, salaried position starting at $28,000. Participation in the company retirement plan is available after 180 days of employment.