The Sales Representative is an energetic and team-oriented member of the Zipline Brewing team with a passion for craft beer and the ability to build strong relationships. The candidate will be responsible for managing Zipline’s wholesale market presence, brand awareness, product representation and sales for on and off premise retail accounts, with distribution partners, and at festivals and events throughout the assigned distribution territory while working under the supervision of the Director of Sales & Distribution.
Education and Experience:
- Basic knowledge of the local, regional, and national craft beer industry.
- Experience in sales with a track record of excellence in sales preferred, but not required.
- Basic knowledge of beer styles.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional manner.
- Self Motivated: Ability to stay motivated without direct supervision.
- Excellent Time Management Skills – ability to be proactive and take initiative.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills. Ability to manage priorities and routine functions effectively and efficiently.
- Social perceptiveness – Awareness and understanding of others’ reactions understanding.
- Negotiation – Awareness of decision makers and ability to achieve goals while continuing a positive business relationship.
- Decision making skills – collect, assess and interpret relevant information to make sound judgement.
- Analytical ability to gather and summarize data.
- Experience or ability to learn Microsoft Office including: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, CRM, Ekos, Encompass.
- This position also requires use of a computer, ipad, printer, copier, cell phone, scanner, calculator, jockey box, and kegs.
- Regular Communication with Director of Sales & Distribution including weekly goals and plans.
- Logged daily, weekly work in our CRM while assuring any “sold” items are efficiently and timely communicated to the Distributor and Director of Sales & Distribution.
- Handle customer inquiries regarding product knowledge and other questions.
- Compile monthly wholesale updates for Director of Sales & Distribution as well as related Distributor.
Wholesale Market Management:
- Increase sales, brand presence and awareness.
- Promote Zipline Brewing & AKRS portfolios, promote new products, and enhance sales of existing products.
- Plan and execute on and off premise promotions.
- Represent Zipline Brewing at various community events, festivals, marketing events, etc.
- Maintain ongoing positive interactions with distributor sales personnel and decision makers at accounts for marketing, education, and goals.
Business Partner Management:
- Maintain strong positive relations with key accounts and distributor partners products and events.
- Develop new business and grow existing accounts and work with Director of Sales & Distribution on a plan to improve or establish business with accounts.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of malt beverages.
- Track and monitor success of Zipline & AKRS brands in all accounts within territory.
- Develop, manage, and execute marketing and brand awareness programs to support placements, including promotions, food pairings, tastings merchandising, Point of Sale, and special events.
- Monitor distributor inventory and depletion including acquiring monthly Distro reports.
Company and Product Branding:
- Work with Director of Marketing to establish and promote Zipline marketing goals at events and with business partners and accounts.
- Ensure POS material placement/proper merchandising of on- and off-premise accounts.
- Educate distributor sales personnel and decision makers at accounts regarding products and pricing.
- Organize and execute account staff educations, tastings, dinners and promotional events to promote new products of enhance potential sales of existing products.
- Maintain regular communication with key distributor personnel and fulfill needs as required (POS, tap handles, sell sheets).
- Ensure product quality through account calls, warehouse visits, and proper account inventory rotation and date checking.
- Ensure our beers are properly labeled, represented, stored and served to our standards.
- Schedule ride-alongs with distributor reps and advise regarding seasonal/specialty beer releases and pricing.
- Must have ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekends and extended workdays are necessary.
- Reliable transportation, valid Driver’s License, current insurance coverage, and clean driving record.
- Obtaining any local or state certifications related to serving or sampling of product.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, walk, listen, use of hands to grasp, handle or feel, push, pull, reach, crouch, kneel, and bend.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 55 lbs occasionally.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.