A Zipline Taptender must be passionate about craft beer and good at communicating that passion to our customers. Our Taptenders are the immediate face of the Brewery and represent, in many cases, the first interaction people have with our beers. A Taptender must possess excellent communication skills, be positive, self-motivated, task oriented, and energized in social environments. The Taptender will report to the Assistant Taproom Manager.
- Interact with customers in an efficient, friendly, and informative manner.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make beer recommendations to taste
- Keep glassware “beer clean” and serve a “proper pour”
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Keep the bar organized, stocked and clean
- Read weekly emails from management regarding policies, new beers, meetings etc…
- Fill out nightly shift reports and communicate to co-workers and supervisors
- Handle cash and keep customer data secure
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- 21 years of age or older
- Responsible Beverage Server (or related) training certificate (available after hire)
- Proven working experience as a bartender OR demonstrated passion for craft beer.
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Level One Cicerone certification (available after hire and reimbursed by Zipline)
This is a part-time, hourly position. Guaranteed minimum compensation is $15/hr with an expected commitment of approximately 18-20 hours per week.