COPPER ALT MEATBALLS w/ HORSERADISH SAUCE
- 2 slices rye bread
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 oz liquid smoke
- Kosher salt and ground pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, grated or made into a paste
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 12oz bottle Zipline copper alt
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch watercress, stemmed
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
Cube (1/4 inch) rye bread and combine with beef, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl.
Add the garlic and egg and mix until just combined, then form into 2 1/2-inch balls.
Heat a cast-iron skillet or large, wide heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat.
Add the extra virgin olive oil to the hot skillet, then cook the meatballs until browned, 7 to 8 minutes.
Add the beer and cook for 10 minutes to reduce by half.
Combine the sour cream, chives, heavy cream and the remaining 2 tablespoons horseradish in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Center dipping sauce on a plate and surround with meatballs.