We are hiring a brewer/cellarperson at Zipline. Deadline for submission of applications will be January 31, 2017.
The position of brewer/cellarperson at Zipline Brewing Co. comes with great responsibility to our product and to each other. This position will require the applicant to work on evenings and weekends, but is not limited to those times.
Essential Skills and Basic Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- Cleaning and sanitation of Fermentation Tanks, Bright Tanks, Mash Tun, Boil Kettle, Heat Exchanger, centrifuge, hoses, clamps, gaskets and all associated parts.
- Wort production
- Yeast management
- Monitoring fermentation through daily gravity and pH checks
- Operation of the centrifuge/transfer of beer from FT to BT
- Carbonation of finished beer
- Operation of testing devices and lab equipment such as pH meter, refractometer, DO meter, CO2 measurement, microscope.
- Operation of forklift
- Maintenance of equipment including, but not limited to brew house vessels, pumps, valves, boiler, glycol chiller and centrifuge.
- Ability to familiarize oneself with established protocols and ensure that all procedures are performed with adherence to established SOPs.
- Improving processes whenever there is opportunity for improvement.
- Assist in tracking inventory of brewing ingredients.
- General cleaning of all areas within the brewery.
Applicant must demonstrate the following:
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to execute against deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to function as part of a team as well as individually.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong overall understanding of OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Commitment to quality and safety.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and move 150 pounds regularly.
- Must have the ability to regularly stand for long periods of time, perform tasks that require dexterity and precision.
- The ability to work safely near moving parts and machinery.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to see color; either with or without accommodation.
- The ability to work in to work in a loud environment that fluctuates between extreme temperatures and humidity.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive and will depend upon experience and qualifications. Zipline offers retirement planning options.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Brewer” in the subject line.